New Database on NT???

From: Mike <mikegrof_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: 1997/03/12

Howdy,

2 questions:

  1. I've created a new database using the NT Instance manager. The db was created fine and I can TNSPING it and also connect using svrmgr23. However, I get an "ORA-12505: TNS:listener counld not resolve SID given in connect descriptor" when I try to connect using sqlplus. The tnsnames.ora looks good. Also, ORA-12505 is not in the Error help file.
  2. How do I create a new database not using the GUI Instance manager?

Thanks! Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST