Re: Export of Specific Rows (ugh Long Raw columns)

From: Doug Anderson <dathedba_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/03/12

Bryan Warfield <Bryan.Warfield_at_DAL.frb.org> wrote:

>The SQL*Plus COPY command might work. It is not documented in the
>Oracle SQL Reference, but is documented in the SQL*Plus guide and Oracle
>DBA Handbook (Kevin Loney, Oracle Press/McGraw Hill). It can copy LONG
>datatype columns & allows one to specify batches using the SQL*Plus
>copycommit & arraysize commands.

I tried it and all I get is an "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes". It might work for columns of LONG but probably not for LONG RAW. Also there doesn't seem to be an "UNRECOVERABLE" clause which would keep from generating redo-logs.

There is a Pro*C utility that I found somewhere called 'unloader.pc' and it has Oracle's copywrite in it. I can't seem to get it compiled though. Does anyone know about it?