Re: Indexing problem

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/12

In article <19970311212500.QAA14963_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com> writes
>Does the table you are creating the index on have a degree of parallelism
>> 1 set (check the degree column of user_tables) ?. If so then you may be
>experiencing the same parallel query bug we encountered on 7.3.2.2 of
>ORACLE at our site. There is a patch available from ORACLE so it may be
>worth ringing support to see if it's available on your platform.
>Hope this helps,
>Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the reply. We're actually running 7.1.6, but when we mentioned the parallelism to Oracle they muttered something about a patch arriving soon!

Andy

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request

At Group L, Stoffel oversees six first-rate programmers, a managerial challenge roughly comparable to herding cats. Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST