Re: AIX 4.2 and Oracle 7.2/7.3 SGA/PGA and virtual memory

From: Jens Wartenberg <wartenberg_id_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/03/12

Hi,

Well, you maybe right. Actually the SGA is now sized 52MB of 128MB, which as I can measure it, is the largest it can be in the environment in question. As you ask, what is a large SGA??? I never had heard about the 30% before, but as a rule of thumb it makes sence to me (of course depending on environment). Thanks a lot for your answer.

Regards
Jens Wartenberg

WARTENBERG                      |     People
Industri Data  -  Denmark       |     that make a difference
IBM RS/6000 - IBM AIX - Oracle  |     For industrial needs