Re: Information about Oracle8?

From: Bryan Warfield <Bryan.Warfield_at_DAL.frb.org>
Date: 1997/03/11

Simon Quinn wrote:

> I'm trying to find out any information about Oracle8. I've checked
> Oracle's web site and others and have found very little.

The February 24 issue of Information Week has a cover story regarding Oracle. A nice sidebar reveals some information on Oracle 8 features that might be forthcoming (but nothing new about object support). for example:

   --improvements for VLDB support
   --server based queuing
   --partitioning
   --gui backup/recovery manager
   --sparse data support
     etc.

Bryan Warfield Received on Tue Mar 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST