Re: automatical startup from Oracle V. 7.1 on Win NT 3.51

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/03/11

Arkusa GbR wrote:
> I have Oracle V. 7.1 running under Windows NT 3.51. Is there a
> possibility to have Oracle started when the system is coming up? When I
> place the start-command
> ORADIM71 -startup -sid .......
> in the autostart-window, I have to login as administrator to have oracle
> started. How can I get it started without an admin-session to be run?

Save your db-start command "ORADIM71 -startup -sid ......." in a batch (command) file, for example DB_START.CMD, located in a dirrectory specified in your PATH system variable.

Then run Registry Editor, select "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on Local_machine" and navigate to the SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows NT->Current version->Winlogon

There you will find key "System" (Class = REG_SZ) with value "lsass.exe". Double-click it and in String editor add the following string immediate after "lsass.exe" (without quotes, with comma):",DB_START.CMD".

> I think, this concerns the problem to have any program started without
> a login. This part is not oracle specific. But I hope, that this problem
> has been solved special for oracle from one of you out there.

I convinced myself that this works with any program.

Regards, Jure

 ! Jurij Modic                            Republic of Slovenia !
 !  tel: +386 61 178 55 14                Ministry of Finance  !
 !  fax: +386 61  21 45 84                Zupanciceva 3        !
 !  e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si  Ljubljana 1000       !

P.S.
I was dealing with this problem about a year ago. Since then I moved to
NT 4.0 and Oracle 7.2/7.3 where automatic db startup is solved by Oracle
with special service named "OracleStart<SID>". So I'm writing this from
memory and hope I did not forget or mistyped anything.