Re: Good Interview Question on Oracle

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1997/03/11

In article <332407E4.6AC_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk> stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk writes:

>Like you said, interesting question - one which raises more questions
>than it answers! :-) Still, these can be good questions, used to open a
>more prolonged discussion about Oracle Architecture in an interview. In
>other words, don't ask questions which have one - and only one - answer.

This is a good point. It seems to me, however, is that everyone who asks what questions one must ask in an Oracle interview is not qualified to know which are valid answers. That is why they are asking for such questions in this ng. Most seem to expect a list of questions that have a correct answer, so an objective measure of Oracle knowledge can be made. Whether that is a reasonable goal has already been argued endlessly, of course. I'd say, pay a consultant to evaluate interviewees in depth, as to their problem solving ability as well as Oracle knowledge.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>