Re: Oracle 8 *Top 10 wishlist*

From: Bryan Warfield <Bryan.Warfield_at_DAL.frb.org>
Date: 1997/03/11

Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:

> Sanford Barton <sanbart_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
> >Here's my wish list

> >- Drop that NC bullsh** and get back to building an RDBMS.
>
> I loved everything you said. But this one is the best of all.
>
> Here is a company who cant get their DBMS (bread and butter) stuff straight
> and they are foolish enough to waste time and resources on other things.
>
> Atif Khan
> aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu

I agree somewhat. The RDBMS is the core product and 75% of Oracle 1996 revenues and Oracle can't continue ignore that fact. The Oracle 7 Server market share actually dropped 1% last year. Oracle must strive to avoid what happened at Sybase when it stopped concentrating on the core RDBMS product.

Bryan Warfield
Bryan.Warfield_at_DAL.frb.org
(views my own, not necessarily my company's) Received on Tue Mar 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST