Calling a PL/SQL Block from PowerBuilder 5.0.01

From: Amy & Tim <madsen_at_capital.net>
Date: 1997/03/10

We are using PB 5.0.01 against Oracle 7.2.

We wish to use the Oracle SetRole package method to change a user's role upon login to our application for purposes of granting priviliges and thus ensuring database security.

SetRole cannot be invoked from a stored procedure, but it can be invoked from a PL/SQL block.

How can we call an anonymous PL/SQL block from a PowerBuilder application?

Please send replies to

     David.Yeselavage_at_Budget.Mailnet.State.NY.US

Thanks. Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST