Re: Information about Oracle8?

From: Jan Coekelberghs <jan.coekelberghs_at_ping.be>
Date: 1997/03/10

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:07:45 GMT, squinn_at_netcomuk.co.uk (Simon Quinn) wrote:

>I'm trying to find out any information about Oracle8. I've checked
>Oracle's web site and others and have found very little.

You should definitely go to Oracle OpenWorld in Vienna. On Oracle8 there are these presentations :

Designing for Oracle8
New Backup and Recovery Capabilities on Oracle8 Oracle8 Object Performance Implications
Developing Imaging Applications with Future Versions of Oracle Server Oracle8 Product Overview
High Performance Oracle8 on Digital Alpha Windows NT Oracle Run-Time Estimation and Progress Monitoring An Overview of Oracle8 Objects Features
RDBMS User Scaling : Oracle 7 vs. Oracle8 Oracle8 : Foundation For New
The First Experiences with Oracle8
Electronic Commerce : Retail Servers
Oracle8 SQL Type DDL
Objects and SQL

You can find details about these and other seminaries in the Oracle OpenWorld brochure.

Jan Coekelberghs
Oracle Belgium
Consultant Advanced and New Technologies

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do

   not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST