Connecting Orcale 16-bit client to Personal Oracle for Win95?

From: Roland Larsson <roland_at_FEITH.COM>
Date: 1997/03/10

I am trying to do the following:

  1. Set up Personal Oracle 7.3 for Windows 95 on my PC, and create a database.
  2. Set up Oracle Client (7.3.2.2.0) for Windows 3.1 (16-bit), and our own 16-bit application, on my PC. (Our app uses the 16-bit version of SQLNet, so that's why I install this Client software.)
  3. Have the packages talk to each other,

        Our App <-> 16-bit Oracle Client <-> Personal Oracle for Win95

Ideally, I would like to have all three pieces on the same PC. It's for a demo, and should be on a system one can carry to a customer.

But no matter what I try (I'm no Oracle wizard), it won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions? Or am I trying the impossible? (*)

Roland roland_at_feith.com

(*) I did manage to get the set-up running on two PC:s - one having the client and app, and one have PO 7.3. I also managed to have everything work on the same PC, if all pieces - app, client, PO - were 32-bit. But NOT the 16/32-bit mix on the same PC, which I realy want. I'm mystified. Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST