Re: Another user populates my local tables using a "procedure" under my account.

From: Nevin Hahn <nhahn_at_ENTENTE.UHCOLORADO.EDU>
Date: 1997/03/10

"Gina M. Oliver" <Gina-Oliver_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>I've developed a procedure under my local Oracle user account which
>performs certain calculations and sets a few local variables. Also it
>populates/updates some small local temporary tables with the data
>queried from a main database. I've given another user the "execute"
>privilege on this procedure and she has identical local temporary tables
>as of mine.
>
>When she runs this procedure the plain calculation part works fine and
>her local variables are set correctly. But, the problem is: my local
>tables get popualted/updated instead of her own! even though she has no
>granted privileges
>on my local tables.
>
>Is there a way this could be avoided so she can run the program without
>effecting the tables in my user account. Thanks for any hint.

Gina,

The procedure is probably calling the table name without the owner name in front. ie ( GINA.TABLE_NAME ) The procedure will need to be modified to identify who is calling it and then update the callers tables. The procedure is set up on your tables and has privilege on your tables, even though the user calling the procedure is not the owner of the tables. The other alternative is to a copy of the procedure to the other user and remove the execute privilege on YOUR procedure.

Nevin Hahn Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST