Re: How Do I Create a Temporay Table?

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/03/09

You can create a temporary table starting with Version 7.3, although in a roundabout way: 1) create a temporary tablespace using the PERMANENT/TEMPORARY clause of the CREATE TABLESPACE statement (PERMANENT is the default value for the clause); 2) create the table you want to be a temporary table in that tablespace. I believe you still need to grant the owner of the table quota privileges in that tablespace, as with any tablespace, if (s)he is to be allowed to create objects in that tablespace.

Although ORACLE Corp. claims that ORACLE is SQL-92 compliant, the SQL-92 standard allows for the direct creation of a temporary table using CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ... statement.

Michael Serbanescu
Senior Consultant, MIACO Corporation