Re: Question on MAXDATAFILES (limit of 30?)

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/08

Since you checked the database create script and init.ora for the parameters related to this I would now try checking the UNIX user limits for how many open files you can have. We ran into a problem when we added our 100th file and we traced it back to the OS. I do not remember the parameter name, but you should not have trouble finding it (?ulimit?)

Good luck.
Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Sat Mar 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST