easy query (?)

From: Alice Erickson <erickson_at_denebola.biostat.wisc.edu>
Date: 1997/03/07

I am trying to do what should be a simple query but doesn't seem to be so in SQL. Can someone give me a hint? Thanks,
Alice

I would like the final temperature reading for each city at the end of the day.

EX.

    City       Time        Temp
    Boston     15:00        30
    Boston     24:00        10
    Phoenix    5:00         70
    Phoenix    6:00         72

The resulting set should be
    Boston    24:00      10
    Phoenix    6:00      72

but oracle will now allow you to use

select city, max(temp), time from table
group by city

(as you are now also getting an aggregate of time) Received on Fri Mar 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST