Re: Question on MAXDATAFILES (limit of 30?)

From: tvaresh <tvaresh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/03/07

Simon,

  You can recreate the controlfile to change this parameter as follows:

     	svrmgrl
	connect internal
	alter database backup controlfile to trace

  Exit from svrmgrl and cd to the trace directory. You'll find the latest trace file there will have a "script" that can be used for re-creating the control file. You can modify the maxdatafiles parameter and re-create the controlfile. A word of caution - good backup would be a GREAT idea.

Steve

Simon Goland <sg_at_mda.ca> wrote in article <331F3E18.2ACF_at_mda.ca>...