Re: Urgent: problem with CGI to Oracle access using OCI

From: Alon Lelcuk <lelcuk_at_macom.co.il>
Date: 1997/03/06

OCI need ORACLE_HOME, and ORACLE_SID or TWO_TASK enviroment variable set.
2 ways to solve the problem
1. run the webserver after exportting the variable. 2. use setenv in your CGI

Alon

vtl_at_akula.com wrote:

> This is my problem:
>
> I have written a CGI executable in C to access Oracle Workgroup Server
> tables. Oracle access is through OCI calls. The executable works
> fine from the command line, but if I attempt to run it as a CGI
> executable through a Netscape browser, the program aborts at initial
> login (OCI call olog()). The return value of olog() is error 1019,
> which translates to "Insufficient space for user's process heap".
>
> My environment looks like:
> Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3
> SGI Irix 6.2 platform, 64 Megs ram
> Netscape Enterprise Server

Alon Lelcuk                         Tel   :     +972-2-5700776
CTO                                 Fax   :     +972-2-5700790
                                    Email : lelcuk_at_macom.co.il
Macom Networking Ltd.                   http://www.macom.co.il