browser cannot reload static files from OWS 2.x

From: <jhartelt_at_codework.de>
Date: 1997/03/06

I have installed OWS 2 under IRIX and use a Netscape Browser for IRIX.

whenever I try to reload a html page I get the message "document contains no data", although it could be loaded just one click before. it is the same with .gif files on dynamic pages (database requests) this do not get displayed a second time.

the server logfile contains an error 304 for these requests and length 0, which corresponds nicely wit the above browser message.

I can work around this behaviour by deactivating the browsers document cache. as of yet the OWS is an intranet server, so my range of browsers to test with is currently limited to the one under IRIX. I do not think this is a browser specific problem, though.

any ideas?

Jürgen Hartelt Received on Thu Mar 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST