Re: Delete a BIG table.

From: Aram Meguerian <aram_at_unisys.com.br>
Date: 1997/03/06

      You will have to do using the truncate command with some caution.    I have used it myself until I got some index corruptions I couldn't    explain and that didn't showed on analyze commands. After some    inquiring here and there, I came to learn that truncate could and    would cause some corruption on your indexes if the tables being    truncate was being used (updated) by some other transaction.

      After this, I banned truncate altogether (except in some really    rare occasions) and turned back to old drop/create table statements.    Since then, I have had no more problems with indexes geting corrupted    at the most unappropriated time.

                     Aram Meguerian
                     aram_at_unisys.com.br

   "There's no such a thing as a free lunch in the Universe."
          Lazarus Long Notebook's, Lazarus Long
		from Time enough for love, by Robert A. Heinlein
I don't work at Unisys, it is just my Internet Provider, so don't blame it for anything I have just said.

John Hough <q6y_at_ornl.gov> escreveu no artigo <3304A2AE.517A_at_ornl.gov>...