Re: Oracle Support Contract Question

From: Rick Morley <rick.morley_at_morley-data.com>
Date: 1997/03/05

Troy Thoele <Troyt_at_uplan.tamu.edu> wrote in article <331CD7A9.3B0B_at_uplan.tamu.edu>...
> Recently our annual support agreement (CSI) came up for renewal. I was
> shocked when I got the quote from Oracle - THREE TIMES WHAT IT WAS FROM
> THE YEAR BEFORE!!
>
> When I called for an explanation, I was told that the guy who handled my
> contract the last time was no longer with the company and he misquoted
> the price. I felt like it was a bait and switch scam.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience? We are a very small user (8

I had a similar situation. I had questions about support fees and features - I was referred to a 800 # where they were not certain of many things but promised to call me back and never did. I think joining the developers group would be of more benefit - except people there also are not certain of what you get for your fees - and they do not return my calls either.

--
< From the desktop of- Rick Morley >
< rick.morley_at_morley-data.com >