Changing character set

From: <nmurray_at_admin1.tcd.ie>
Date: 1997/03/05

	We are planning to change the character set on our databases from
	US7ASCII to WE8ISO8859P1 to allow us to store French,German,etc.
	language characters. We don't actually need to change the language.
	Has anybody done anything like this and if so do you have any advice
	to offer.

	We are using the following versions of Oracle :
		 7.1.3,  7.1.6 and 7.2

	Thanks in advance,

	Noreen Murray.