Re: Help! Moving 60GB O7.3 db from HP-UX to AIX

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/04

In article <331BBC91.5636_at_bhp.com.au>, Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor. cs_at_bhp.com.au> writes
>Larry Monack wrote:
>>
>> We're planning on migrating our 60GB data warehouse from an HP box to an
>> IBM/RISC. We're wondering if there are any reliable alternatives to the
>> full database export/import method. Any advice would be greatly
>> appreciated...
>> Larry Monack
>> F. Schumacher & Co.
>> 302/454-3143
>> lmonack_at_fsco.com
>
>We have used the following technique successfully...
>
>1. Full export data = no
>2. Pre-create db
>3. Pre-create tablespaces
>4. Unload old data to flat files
>5. Run import
>6. Load data sqlldr (direct=true)
>7. Build indexes with paralell and unrecoverable
>
>Cheers

Connor,

What is the advantage of unloading to flat files and using sqlldr rather than using import/export?

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request

New York is real. The rest is done with mirrors. Received on Tue Mar 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST