Re: tkprof-output

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/03/04

Matthias Koepf wrote:

> Hi,
> we are trying to analyze our sql-Statements with the the
> Oracle-Trace-Facility and the tkprof-tool.
> Can anybody give me a description of how to read the results? We just
> use the count-column to get the number of Parse-, Execute- and
> Fetch-counts.
> Which other columns are important and which columns should be small to
> retrieve good performance?
> Matthias Koepf
> JenOptik Systemhaus
> E-Mail: mak_at_kis.datagroup.de
>
> PS:We are using Oracle 7.2.3 on HP-UX 10.

For your users - they really don't care about anything about elapsed time. Find the biggies and then run tkprof with the "explain" parameter to get explains on your nasty SQLs. Tune these ones and then sit back and bask in end-user pampering...hee hee

Cheers

--
Connor McDonald
Systems Administrator-Unix/Oracle