Re: Invalid Column Name

From: Sunil Godithi <sunil_at_ameya.com>
Date: 1997/03/04

Reid Lai wrote:

> Hi Anup,
>
> I guess that you are trying to issue dynamic SQL statement in PowerScript.
> A point you should pay more attention on joining string. If your string
> need special character, such as ", please add ~ before the one. For
> example,
>
> ls_sql = "SELECT ~"ACMAST~".~"ACNAME~""
>
> EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql ;
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Reid Lai
> mailto://reidlai@hk.super.net
> http://www.hk.super.net/~reidlai

If that is the case then why does it work sometimes but not others? I think it is more to do with server. Version 7.1 is not supported on NT4.0. As far as I know,
the version required is 7.3.2 or something like that. I heard of couple of cases where the
database got corrupted while using ver 7.1.4 on NT 4.0

Sunil

--
"If you want what you've never had,
 you must be willing to do what you've never done."