Re: PLEASE HELP: memory management 2nd TRY !!!

From: Ken Friday <ken_friday_at_pleasantco.com>
Date: 1997/03/03

Arkusa GbR wrote:

> Dear Oracle-Freaks,
>
> Is there nobody out there who is in the mood to answer to a beginner
> question??????? Please help
>
> I have got a problem concerning the usage of the main memory during an
> oracle session.
> Is there a chance to influence the usage of the memory? I have several
> tables in use, some to query and to update, two tables are only used
> for protocol the actions. How can I succeed in giving most of memory
> to the tables I want to select from or update to and how can I minimise
> the memory for the two tables where I only append tuples with new
> protocol information?
> Is there a possibility to arrange and control the partitioning of the
> main memory?
> I guess, that this may be a question of general interest. If I get any
> mails, I will post the results.
>
> Thanks for any help or advice where to find answers in books or in the
> oracle documentation
>
> Manfred Tischendorf

> /\
> / a\ Manfred Tischendorf
> / s \
> / u \ Bruehlstr. 2
> / k \ D 74379 Ingersheim
> / r \ Deutschland / Germany
> \a /
> \ / Tel.: +49 7142 9800-27 / +49 171 6821030
> \ / Fax: +49 7142 9800-29
> \____/ E-Mail: tischendorf_at_arkusa.de
> \ / WWW: http://www.arkusa.de/
> \/
Hi there,

With Oracle you don't really manage memory at the table (or any object) level. The database uses an LRU algorithm to manage pools of memory (e.g. data, sql, redo). Objects (e.g. tables/indexes) are brought into the data buffer pool on a block basis as needed.

Ken F. Received on Mon Mar 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST