Re: Oracle 8 *Top 10 wishlist*

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/02

>> This is a response to a reply on this thread about a point that I feel
is important <<

Why wouldn't you want to upgrade your OS (in this case AIX)? Even if there is no apparent requirement to upgrade I believe that when a new release of an OS or any major software product comes out an upgrade plan should be put into effect. If oten pays to lag behind a little to allow time for bugs to become known and patches available, but there should be no question on doing the upgrade.

No application that the business depends on should ever depend on unsupported software. I know, cause I live in that type of environment, and believe me you do not want to be in that situation. No public company can afford that type of liability.

As far as a wish list for Oracle 8, how about, that there is no need for patches within three weeks of release! I am tired of working weekends to do upgrades only to have to immediatily call Oracle support for assistance with ORA-0600 errors.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Sun Mar 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST