TKPROF question...

From: Zoran <zoranm_at_echo-on.net>
Date: 1997/02/28

------------4EEA760A78AB5

 I've used SQL trace and tkprof to analyze some sql that some custom purchased software is throwing at the DB. I'm at home now and don't have a sample of the tkprof output to show you but...

I have observed that many SQL statements have an execute count of 2 and a row count of 2. Others have an execute count of 4 and a row count of 4. By looking at the select statement I can see that only 1 row should have been retrieved with the particular select.

My question; is this telling me that the select sql query was issued by the caller 2 times?

I also see something along the lines of "library cache misses: 1". If indeed the select sql stmt was issued more than once, the first execute would result in a library cache miss, but the subsequent execute of the same select wouldn't. Am I interpreting this correctly?

TIA Zoran.

------------4EEA760A78AB5

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>&nbsp;I've used SQL trace and tkprof to analyze some sql that some
custom purchased software is throwing at the DB. I'm at home now and don't have a sample of the tkprof output to show you but...&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I have observed that many SQL statements have an execute count of 2
and a row count of 2. Others have an execute count of 4 and a row count of 4. By looking at the select statement I&nbsp;can see that only 1 row should have been retrieved with the particular select.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>My question; is this telling me that the select sql query was issued
by the caller 2 times?</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I also see something along the lines of &quot;library cache misses:
1&quot;. If indeed the select sql stmt was issued more than once, the first execute would result in a library cache miss, but the subsequent execute of the same select wouldn't. Am I interpreting this correctly?</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>TIA</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Zoran.</DT>