Re: Recovery Plan ???

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com>
Date: 1997/02/28

Sean Kubovcik wrote:

> I am documenting a recovery plan and I have a couple of questions:
>
> Can you recover a database that is in archivelog mode with a cold
> backup and the archive logs?
>
> Does any one have a recovery plan documented that details different
> recovery procedures for different database failures, ie. process to
> recover from loss of datafiles or loss of control files?
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Sean

Sean,

  1. Yes, you can recover a database that is in archivelog mode with a cold backup and archived logs. We have tested it here.
  2. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have written doucmentation on the various recoveries. As John Hough responded, we do have the book Backup & Recovery by Oracle Press. Although this book is Unix based (we are a NetWare shop) there is some good information in this book.

HTH Regards

//Karl

Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation
Madras, Oregon