Re: SQLLOADER

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corporation <bmanry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/02/28

Rick Klainer (rick1234_at_imperium.net) wrote:
>I have a mainframe file that is EBCDIC and I want to use sqlploader on a
>UNIX platform
>to load it. I have a couple of problems
>1. I used the characterset we8ebcdic50 and the I used the fix parm on the
>infile
>I'm having trouble reading fields in the record.

Probably you want to use WE8EBCDIC500 or WE8EBCDIC37 or something like that.

>2. I have packed data thats (comp-3) format from the mainframe and want to
>convert
>it on the UNIX machine through sqlloader and I'm having trouble.

You can't count on the UNIX version of SQL*Loader to correctly interpret native number data from another platform. This includes binary, float, packed decimal and zoned decimal forms. Either convert the data to an all-character form or run SQL*Loader on MVS and load to your UNIX DB via SQL*Net.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  IBM Products Division  -  Oracle Corporation
These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's.