Export/Import

From: Shirley Donor <sdonor_at_speedy.wyle.com>
Date: 1997/02/28

        We are new to oracle and we are trying out the export/import utility.

	Problem : For example, we want to replace the current database with the
	          full export backup taken 1 week ago. During the import step,
		  we are getting errors on the "CREATE" objects step because
		  the objects already exist.

	Question : Is there an option in the EXPORT/IMPORT that we can set
		   so that the import will just overwrite whatever is in the
		   current database ? Or are we stuck to doing the DROP
		   TABLESPACEs first before importing ?

	This news server is not very reliable, so I would appreciate it if
	you can email the reply to me at sdonor_at_wyle.com

	Thank you very much.