911-Strange lsnrctl problem

From: JP Soria <jpsoria_at_saxe.com>
Date: 1997/02/27

The other day the listener stopped. I had to do: lsnrctl start. OK, I checked all of the log files to see what the deal was, and the listener.log file gave me 4 errors, all of which were related to some parameter being reached. i.e. maxusers or max_procs. After checking the parameters I assessed that no parameters were exceeded. We are running on SUN Solaris 2.51?? (COULD BE WRONG ABOUT THE 2.51!) The database is 30GB with 1GB memory and 60mb swap. This is low I know, but we only have 20 users at the most accessing the database, and at the time the listener stopped we only had 3 users accessing it.

Question, are there some SUN kernel params that could have been too low? ANY LISTENER problems with anyone else. I am LOST!!!

--
JP Soria
Jr. Oracle7 DBA