Meaning of 'virtual circuit status'

From: <bvadnais_at_amazon.com>
Date: 1997/02/27

Hello,

We're using the multithreaded server option with Oracle server v7.3.2.2. Frequently, sessions will hang for 30 seconds while fetching data from the server. When I look at v$session_wait for the session, it shows the process waiting on the 'virtual circuit status' event. After 30 seconds, the session wakes up and continues along normally.

Does anyone know more about what's happening here? I pored through the documentation and searched the Web but couldn't turn up any description of what a 'virtual circuit status' event means.

BTW, we're looking for experienced database designers/developers/administrators. Please checkout http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/employment.html for more details.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob Vadnais, Software Developer