Re: TUNING THE DATA DICTIONARY CACHE

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com>
Date: 1997/02/26

> Question: Is there a way to dynamically set/unset this parameter.

Unfortunately, no. You must bounce (shutdown, startup) your database in order to have that parameter take affect.

> As a more general question, Is there a source that will tell me wich
> initialization parameters may be set dynamically?

I believe, that none of the initialization parameters can be set 'dynamically'. I believe once you change any of them, you need to bounce the database. Parameters in the config.ora are also non-dynamic. The only parameters that come to mind that are dynamic are the connection parameters (sqlnet.ora, tnsnames.ora, tsnav.ora, oracle.ini).

HTH Regards

//Karl

Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation
Madras, Oregon