Re: Oracle Server and the WEB

From: rrbatra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: 1997/02/25

Raman Batra wrote:

You will have to use CGI programming if you don't want to use Oracle webserver. For small apps. performance of the server is not an issue, but with larger databases, CGI will suffer. (CGI doesn't free up threads). Oracle's webserver eliminates all the junk with CGI programming. You have to know stored procedures and PL/SQL though.

In CGI, you would probably use Perl and a database object like ORAPERL, or you could use ODBC and a tool like VB/Delphi/C++ to send and recieve output and input in a CGI environment. The webserver is a lot cleaner.

Really depends upon what you feel comfortable programming with

Raman Batra, rrbatra_at_feist.com