Re: Corrupt indexes on Oracle databases

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/25

User complained of corrupted indexes under Oracle 7.1.3 on VMS.

We had the same type of experience using Oracle 7.0.15 under UNIX and some under 7.1.3, but we suffered quite a few rollback segment corruptions (for an index) under 7.1.3. The only pattern we noticed was the the affected object was usually under stress, i.e., heavily updated by some package or pro*c program.

We have had a much better time under 7.1.6 under UNIX. Our VMS is 7.0.16 and we do not stress it. Unless you count the stress the upgrade to 7.1.5 is causing me.
Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Tue Feb 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST