Re: Killed database sessions

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

Alex,

> I have the following problem using Oracle Workgroup Server v.7.2 for
> Windows NT 3.51 :
> The users connect to database server using SQL*Net v.1 for DOS.
> When I kill a database user session using command 'ALTER SYSTEM KILL
> SESSION ...' or Oracle Workgroup Server disconnects a user session which
> exceeded it's idle time profile limit then such killed session remains on
> the database server very long time with status "KILLED".
> Is there any ways to force Oracle Server to remove the killed sessions
> immediately?

This question is asked rather frequently. As far as I know, these sessions will hang around in Oracle until the database is shut down and restarted. There is no way to get rid of them sooner.

Regards,
Brian

--
Brian M. Biggs				mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.			voice: (513) 677-7661