Re: SFI Software Scam

From: MARCH13 <michern_at_myna.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 14:17:47 GMT, mwagoner_at_iac.net (Mark Wagoner) wrote:

>Has anyone else been giving the _honor_ of having been signed onto SFI
>Software's propoganda listserv without their consent?
>
>Between the thousands of mini-ads posted by SFI's president and this latest
>scam, I for one would like to see this company off the Internet.
>
>I (stupidly) listened to one of the ads once and tried to download a demo
>version of their product. The hoops I had to jump through where
>unbelievable! And to top it off, the download never did work! I sent them
>an e-mail and never heard from them.
>
>Please let SFI know that these tactics are not appreciated by sending
>e-mail to Lloyd Sheen, Customer Services at lsheen_at_sfi-software.com.
>
>Thank you for your time.
>--
>Mark Wagoner
>mwagoner_at_iac.net

Sounds like reality. The SFI's listserv subscribing of everyone who has ever attempted to work with their new SQL Programmer is at least shocking. I received a similar 'offer'.
As for their software, I find SQL Server's Enterprise Manager by far superior, despite the addition of _database_explorer_ feature to the SFI's product.
Leaving alone SQL Programmer's being extremely buggy, user unfriendly and downright useless for a serious developer, my interest in C/S technology does not necessarily mean same in SFI and Co, and constitutes no right for them to pollute the bandwidth with crap.

I am joining the campaign.

Thanx. Received on Mon Feb 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST