Re: how do you tell when a table is almost full?

From: Richard G. Ramirez <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

A relatively easy way is to count the number of blocks that have information and compare that against the blocks allocated. I have seen similar queries many times but I don't have one with me. Do a SUBSTR on the block number of the ROWID and count the rows.

I suppose there is a more exact method but if you are mostly adding or updating (as opposed to deleting and adding), this should be accurate enough.

Richard

Jacques Raymond Kilchoer <jrkilch_at_costcare.com> wrote in article <330DE4D9.3AE6_at_costcare.com>...