Re: How to set up the Connect String ???

From: Jeff Grimonster <jgrimons_at_pt.lu>
Date: 1997/02/22

Hi Klaus,

Oracle uses 2 network protocols : Sqlnet versions 1 and 2 Oracle will drop version1.You should use SQLNet2 Connect strings are different in the 2 versionsversion 1 : connectstring looks like "T:host:database_name" (if you use TCP/IP)
version2 : connectstring="alias"
The alias is defined in your local tnsnames.ora file in ($ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) or your home directory. Have a look. If the alias is not defined call your DBA !

Jeff (jgrimons_at_pt.lu)

Klaus Drews (s591020) <drews_at_sun21.tfh-berlin.de> wrote in article <5en1le$dv1_at_sun04.tfh-berlin.de>...