Re: Can I create a link to a table in a remote database?

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/22

Yes. First create a public database link eg. create public database link remote_database

       connect to xxx identified by yyy using 'remote_database_tnsname';  Here xxx is a user on the remote database, having password yyy.  The clause following using must be enclosed in single quotes and is the alias of the remote database according the the tnsnames.ora file.

You then simply create a public synonym as :-

create public synonym A for A_at_remote_database;

If you have any problems, mail me Received on Sat Feb 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST