How to Use DBMS_PIPE

From: Anil Sam <zephyr_at_grfn.org>
Date: 1997/02/21

I am trying to use DBMS_PIPE. Whenever I give the following commands from SQL prompt I get the following error message. If anybody aware how to overcome this problem, please let me know.

select dbms_pipe.create_pipe('Tapas') from dual;

ORA-06571: Function create_pipe does not gurantee not to update the database.
Whenver I try to use any function it come up with the same error.

Thanx
Tapas Received on Fri Feb 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST