Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! unattened backup for Novell 4.1

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com>
Date: 1997/02/21

Jason Kahl wrote:

> I have oracle 7.2 running on a Novell 4.1 platform...
> I want to do an unattended COLD back up...

Jason,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to accomplish this on Novell server. I have been attempting to use some scheduling software for over a year, and have been completely unsuccessful. Whats next? Hopefully, Novell will come out with some kind of scheduling software, but until then, we be trying to use NetBasic shutdown the database (by running a NCF file), and copy the files to another server.

Good luck

//Karl

Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation
Madras, Oregon