[q] How to pick up archived logs

From: Vasily R. Kraskovsky <vasily_at_kvr.spb.ru>
Date: 1997/02/20

Hi!

  I have Oracle 7.3.2 under Solaris 2.5 on my place, and I need to switch database backup mode from full-offline backup to online backup, trying to attain 24-hour database accsessibility. So I want to pick up archive logs when they are already finished archiving, move them to another server, and there add/compress them to solid archive.

  Question: How can I detect from unix (ksh script starting by cron) that Oracle have completed another log to archiving, and it can be moved to another place? Help, please.

Thanks.

--
                         Nemo solus sapit satis

Kraskovsky Vasily, DBA, Petersburg-Express, SPb, Russia vasily_at_kvr.spb.ru