Latch Contention on cache buffers lru chain

From: <bsidlosk_at_pss-av01.rtp.dg.com>
Date: 1997/02/20

When we upreved a couple of our instances from 7.1.4 to 7.1.6, we immediately noticed an increase in the number of sleeps and latchwaits when Oracle tries to aquire a latch on the cache buffers lru chain. A parameter (spin_count) has helped alleviate some but not all of the enormous performance degradation we now see. Any insight/feedback would be appreciated. Reply to bill_sidloski_at_dg.com Received on Thu Feb 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST