Re: SQLLOADER

From: Eric Hansen <erichansen_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/02/20

"Rick Klainer" <rick1234_at_imperium.net> wrote:

>I have a mainframe file that is EBCDIC and I want to use sqlploader on a
>UNIX platform
>to load it. I have a couple of problems
>1. I used the characterset we8ebcdic50 and the I used the fix parm on the
>infile
>I'm having trouble reading fields in the record.

You may have spelled the characterset wrong. I used WE8EBCDIC500. I don't know what the 'fix parm' is (please tell me). It's working perfectly for me.

>2. I have packed data thats (comp-3) format from the mainframe and want to
>convert
>it on the UNIX machine through sqlloader and I'm having trouble.

If your cobol layout says:

05 blah-blah PIC 9(5) COMP-3. (this is a 3 byte field)

in your control file, you specify this:

my_column POSITION(xxx:xxx) decimal(5).

If it was PIC 9(5)V99 COMP-3 (4 bytes) you would use:

my_column POSITION(xxx:xxx) decimal(7,2) Received on Thu Feb 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST