Tuning for LONG RAW

From: Allen Hadden <ahadden_at_taratec.com>
Date: 1997/02/20

Our database will need to process a relatively small number of very large transactions (RTF documents stored as LONG RAW values). These documents can be pretty big (sometimes > than 2 MB).

The question I have is how should we tune the database. I assume that the extent sizes for the tablespaces and rollback segments will need to relatively large, but how can I determine the best size. Also, how should the "OPTIMAL" rollback segment parameter be choosen?

We will be using at least Oracle 7.1 on the server.

Thanks in advance.

-Allen

--

Allen Hadden