Re: how to export tables and contents in SQL files ? ( Version 7.3)

From: Mary Travis <Mary.B.Travis_at_bridge.bellsouth.com>
Date: 1997/02/20

"Michael Agbaglo" <michael_at_isv-gmbh.de> wrote:

>As far as I understood the man, EXP can only create 'native' files that are
>intended to use with IMP. But I like to have an SQL-Script for all user
>tables and constraints... Contents can be in seperate files...
>Informix can do this with 'dbschema', I think - I can't imagine that
>there's nothing available under Oracle...

Start imagining...
imp show=y indexfile=<filename> will put the create statements for your tables and indexes into a datafile, <filename>, which you can then edit or save for later use but it will not give you the sql create statements for constraints, triggers, stored procedures, packages, dblinks and all the other objects that make up your database.
There are, however, whitepaters with scripts available through Oracle Support and in other Oracle Press publications which can be used to generate that sql.

Mary
Mary Travis
BellSouth Telecommunications
email: Mary.B.Travis_at_bridge.bellsouth.com Received on Thu Feb 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST