Hot backup to multiple tape strategy????

From: <Sean.Kubovcik_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/02/19

I going to perform hot backups of a database that will span multiple tapes. The size of the db is about 5 gig and I don't have alot of available space to copy to a temp directory before copying to tape. I was going to cpio to tape while the tablespace was in BEGIN BACKUP mode. I would like to know what kind of strategies are successful to accomplish this. I would like to have this backup complete as quick as possible. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks,
Sean Received on Wed Feb 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST