ODBC driver pops up a login dialog when Open-ed with incorrect password.

From: <mlee_at_swi.com>
Date: 1997/02/19

I am using Visual C++ to write a Windows NT client to connect to an Oracle database that is running on a Solaris server. My application has a login screen that allows the user to enter username and password and the information is used in the connect string of the ODBC Open() call of an MFC CDatabase object. If the username and password are correct, the database connection will be established; but if the password or username is incorrect, the Oracle login dialog will be displayed and prompt for me to enter the username and password again.

What I really want is to have the Open call to fail right away when user name and password are incorrect, so that my login dialog can prompt the user for the name and password instead of having the user deal with a different Oracle login dialog.

Is this possible?

(I am using Oracle ODBC NT driver V1.16.3.1.5, SQL*Net v2.2 Client for  NT, and Oracle 7.3 server.)

Thanks in advance.

Michael

 and Received on Wed Feb 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST