Re: Can VIEWs be REPLICATED

From: Johannes <lavecom.bv_at_universal.nl>
Date: 1997/02/18

Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk> wrote in article <bi+SMGA8ES5yEwYm_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>...

> Hi,
>
> We're looking at using the Oracle database replication facilities and
> are wondering if it is possible to replicate views in the same ways as
> tables.
>
> Thoughts?

Replication of views is indeed not possible. However, if you used:

CREATE VIEW someview AS
SELECT_QUERY You can always create the following snapshot:

CREATE SNAPSHOT somesnapshot [FOR UPDATE] AS SELECT-QUERY The result is quite the same.

Greetings,

Hans Riesebos
LAVECOM Automation BV, HOLLAND
E-Mail: lavecom.bv_at_universal.nl Received on Tue Feb 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST